This is the start of Holy Week, the week before Easter, commemorating events in the last days of the life of Jesus Christ.
- He fed 4,000 men, beside women and children, with “seven loaves and the fishes” (Matthew 15:32-38). In another instance, He fed 5,000 men, beside women and children, with five loaves and the two fishes (Matthew 14:13-21).
And on two occasions resurrected “Lazarus from the dead” (Joh 11:43, Joh 12:1), and the “son of a widow” (Luk 7:11-15).
He healed many that were sick of divers diseases, and cast out many devils. (Mark 1:34)In Matthew 21:1–11, Mark 11:1–11, Luke 19:28–44, and John 12:12–19, Jesus descends from the Mount of Olives towards JERUSALEM where people gave him a hero's welcome during the Jewish Passover celebration. The multitudes that went before, and that followed lay their clothes on the ground, cut branches of trees and shouting HOSANNA to the Son of David: Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord; HOSANNA IN THE HIGHEST!.” (Mat 21:9)
All these miracles are believed to be “literal-physical” that attracted great multitudes of people.
In the overall plan of God, Satan also called Devil, a “spirit”, witnessed everything that Jesus Christ did to the people. We read in the omniscience of God, He did everything for His glory”!
Who would believe this:
- Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
- Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
It was in JERUSALEM that Jesus Christ was crucified on the cross, and there revealed His “real purpose” - to save the SOUL.
- Joh 6:63 It is the SPIRIT that quickeneth; the FLESH profiteth NOTHING: the words that I speak unto you, they are SPIRIT, and they are LIFE.
Look how the CROWD transmuted their perception of JESUS CHRIST!
- Mat 27:2 And when they had bound him, they led him away, and delivered him to Pontius Pilate the governor.
- Mat 27:17 Therefore when they were gathered together, Pilate said unto them, Whom will ye that I release unto you? Barabbas, or Jesus which is called Christ?
- Mar 15:13 And they cried out again, Crucify him. :14 Then Pilate said unto them, Why, what evil hath he done? And they cried out the more exceedingly, Crucify him.
Perhaps now we realized the distinction between “physical for the BODY” and “spiritual for the SOUL”.
- 2 Cor 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the NEW TESTAMENT; not of the LETTER (literal), but of the SPIRIT (spiritual): for the letter KILLETH, but the spirit giveth LIFE.
For Lazarus and the son of the widow their “resurrection from the “dead” simply meant getting back the “spirit of God” lost in the “Garden of Eden”. Very clear, therefore, what Jesus Christ did in healing the different diseases pertains to the “soul and not for the body”.
Today, therefore, who is performing "physical miracles"?
- 2 Cor 4:18 While we look not at the things which are SEEN, but at the things which are NOT SEEN: for the things which are SEEN ARE TEMPORAL; but the things which are NOT SEEN ARE ETERNAL.
Something to think about!